To create a long-lasting and effective partnership between IMP PAN and its more developed partners and to reach excellence at IMP PAN in integrated energy management systems, the consortium have developed the following set of objectives:
- To understand Poland’s unique energy requirements and develop a technical transition plan coherent with EU and national guidelines and targets.
- To create sets of technical scenarios (algorithms, specifications, and work schemes) optimised with respect to the management of production and consumption of different energy forms (electricity, heat, cold, fuels) in energy systems able to be easily customised for flexible local or regional development within Poland.
- To transfer all needed necessary knowledge for IMP-PAN to be able to lead Poland in energy system integration techniques and to greatly enhance the research capacity of IMP-PAN and its staff.
- To develop close, long-term relationships with SUPREME partners.
- To develop a Europe-wide network of relationships with key research groups and stakeholders in the field of energy systems integration to address networking gaps and deficiencies between the research institutions of the low performing Member States (Poland) and internationally-leading counterparts at the EU level.